Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2007

For my English speaking readers

This is my first post in English for this b log. My Name is Craig Antweiler. I opened this b log to inform my friend in Germany about my experiences during the exchange year that I pass in a big Malaysian Town, near the capital Kuala Lumpur. I live there together with my host family, that consists of my host parents, one eight year old host-brother and two little host-sisters aged 4 and 6. I visit a public school together with 1000 other pupils. The school is located around one kilometer from my house.

I choosed participating to this AFS exchange program, because I want to learn the Malaysian language and because I am interested in the Malaysian culture. The main reason is to get experience and have adventures.

I went here with basic vocabulary of the Indonesian language, which is very similar to the Malaysian. I learned some Indonesian words because my family and me travel a lot, especially to South-East-Asia and Indonesia. Almost every year we visit Makassar on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi to meet Indonesian friend, who we used to live with for one year when I was a baby.

I am very happy here in Malaysia. I've had big luck to find such a friendly host family. With every meal I try something new. The food here is very spicy, but I will get used to it. The fish is very delicious. I already got many friend in the neighborhood and I often play soccer with them. The teachers at school are very helpful and the building are still in good conditions as the school is only four years old (same as the whole quarter, in which I live).

I will try to report in English regularly and in the best way I am able to do.

Enjoy reading my b log articles. 

Keine Kommentare: